countless reasons to pursue an education abroad opportunity
Recent research suggests that the benefits extend well beyond academics – to your brain, career, and life!
In today’s world, global awareness and knowledge are crucial to success in business, education, research, and public policy. Participating in an education abroad program creates global citizens who appreciate the world we inhabit and how our respect of others views informs our own views and the world we create. It is an opportunity to learn about and from other cultures.
The experience requires flexibility and the ability to think on your feet. In today’s global market, you must do everything possible to make yourself more marketable. An education abroad experience can be incorporated into your cover letter/resume. It sets you apart because it demonstrates that you have initiative, are open to ambiguity, and are willing to take risks and step into the unknown. Upon return, you will have gained self-confidence, knowledge, and independence.
One of the most rewarding, valuable experiences you will have during college!
- It will enhance your education and enable you to earn academic credit that will bring you closer to graduation.
- It will expand your course options as courses offered at our partner universities overseas that are not offered on campus.
- It will help build your resume. Prospective employers realize how valuable international experience is in today’s global marketplace.
- It will expand your understanding of other cultures, which will help you to be more accepting of yourself and others.
- It will increase your independence and self-awareness. Living daily life in a completely new environment will teach you things about yourself you never expected.