2019 People’s Hospital of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region of China
Founded in 1844, the University at Albany is New York State’s oldest publicly founded university. Located in New York’s capital city, it is the premier public research University in the Capital Region and offers a world of opportunity to over 17,300 students, including 1,800 international students from more than 90 countries. UAlbany’s location in the state capital of New York provides students with limitless opportunities for public service and research through which you can gain experience, test your skills, and prepare to launch brilliant careers. The excellence of a UAlbany education is recognized by many independent sources. UAlbany is ranked among the top universities in Forbes’ “America’s Best Public Colleges,” and U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks many of our graduate programs among the top 50 in the United States, including clinical psychology, criminal justice, library and information studies, public affairs, public health, sociology, and social work.
The School of Public Health is a unique partnership between the New York State Department of Health and the University at Albany and offers an education based on cutting-edge research and practice-based experience. The School creates educational, research and public health opportunities for students and professionals to actively address today’s most critical global health problems and “Advance Health Locally and Around the World.”
Center For Global Health – Global Education and Training Program
Topic of Training:
Epidemiological and Statistical Research Methods
Lectures, group discussion and exercise, homework, presentation, quizzes and final examination. Project-based learning methods will also be used by asking each physician to design a real study, which can be implemented when they go back to their home country.
The School of Public Health faculty is comprised of some 40 university-based, full-time faculty and over 125 faculty who have primary appointments at the Department of Health.
- Dr. Bloom (Associate Professor) has extensive experience on infertility research and he has taught the “Reproductive Epidemiology” course at UAlbany for many years.
- Dr. Bell (Associate Professor) has led a large NIH grant aiming to follow up with fetuses born through IVF technology, as well as being the primary teacher for the course “Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology”.
- Dr. Nasca (Professor) is an expert in cancer epidemiology and has extensive teaching experience.
- Dr. Lin (Professor) has over 25 years of experience assessing environmental influences on various diseases and birth defects.
- Doctors Lin and Nasca have experience on research translation through their prior careers at the NYS Department of Health.
- Dr. Appleton’s (Assistant Professor) research interests include developmental origins of disease, psychosocial adversity, epigenetics, and cardiovascular epidemiology. She teaches core courses and specialized topics in epidemiology at UAlbany.
Housing is included as part of the program. You will reside in on-campus, UAlbany apartments
All transportation will be provided. Participants will have access to the UAlbany shuttle and city bus transportation
Participants will prepare their own meals.
Participants should notify the local program coordinator for costs associated with this program.
PHGZAR must recommend you to UAlbany. UAlbany faculty will review the CVs and interview the candidates selected by PHGZAR. Questions about the terms of the agreement between your institution and UAlbany should first be addressed to your institution.
I have been selected by my home campus, now what?
If you were selected by your home campus and UAlbany, you may apply using the “Apply” button on this page. Your application will be processed by the Center for International Education & Global Strategy at UAlbany.
If you are not eligible to participate in the ESTA visa waiver program, a visa may be required. Please contact your home institution for more information regarding the visa application process.
There are no scholarships associated with this program.
Summer 2019 Program Dates
- June 16,: Arrival to Albany, New York
- July 17: Program Begins
- August 9: Depart for Guangzhou, China